Principles of the SouthPole-sium
Registration information and Form. Will activate after March 1.
Those who have registered. Will activate after March 1.
Those who are planning to attend, have expressed interest in doing so or are unable to
Subjects of talks proposed to be presented so far
Subject ideas for talks that might be presented
San Francisco Bay Area and further afield.
Updates & E-mails
The talks will be chosen, scheduled and moderated by Michael Rosove [email@example.com].
NOTE: If you intend to give a talk and wish to include images or a PowerPoint file, these will need to be received at least a week ahead of the gathering.
Files should be sent to: tbd.
• Joan Boothe, How Collecting Books Leads to Writing One.
• Joan Boothe, Maps II: The Era of Antarctic Discovery.
• Rick Dehmel, MAPS III: The Era of Modern Antarctica Mapping.
• Rick Dehmel, Shackleton and San Francisco.
• Rick Dehmel, The Era after Shackleton.
• Martin Greene, Rockwell Kent.
• Davis Hirzel Polar Personalities, Ships and San Francisco.
• Shane Murphy The Endurance Photograph Collection.
• Michael Rosove, The Zoological Publications of the James Clark Ross Antarctic Voyages, 1839-1843.
• Leslie Roberts, TBD.
• Michael Rosove, Maps I: The Era of Terra Incognita.
• David Rumsey, The Evolution of Mapping.
• Rob Stephenson, The Barrier Bull and The Snow Shovel—two Byrd expedition publications.
• Rob Stephenson, The Aurora Australis—an update.
• Isobel Williams, Sir Clements Markham: Both lovable and malignant.
• Karen Woods, Antarctic Connections in Christchurch.